Saturday, February 20, 2010

Spinach Shake


About a year ago I had a friend tell me about green shakes 

but I wasn't ready for that and I didn't think I had time to make it. 

So last week I was talking to Aurora's nursery teacher 

and she gave me a really simple recipe

-Spinach a strainer full

-half a banana-the flavor

-half a cup of apple juice

put it all in the blender

and ta-da

 So I tried it a few days later and I have done it for the past 6 days

I add ice and strawberries(if I have them) 

drinking it cold makes it taste better

I also don't like odd colored things 

so I drink it in a tall mug and with a straw

this is the first time I think in my life 

that I get a full 

5 a day for fruits and vegetables

after I drink this i try to eat more vegetables 

throughout the day.

5 comments:

Angela S said...

We usually do a big handful of spinach with whatever fruit we have in the freezer. It is good stuff. For the kids I sometimes add yogurt too. Enjoy!

Raspberry said...

Wow. That's very healthy of you. I think I'd chicken out of drinking it for sure.

the Smiths said...

it really isn't as bad as I thought it would be and Aurora always asks for some.

Sarra said...

that looks just disgusting. you say it doesn't taste as bad as you thought, but does it still taste bad?

the Smiths said...

It doesn't taste bad but it has a slightly spinach after taste but the banana takes over and sometimes if i feel like it I add honey. Aurora drinks it with me.