Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Snow shoeing

The fist time I heard about snow shoeing I wanted to try it.
So when the opportunity came up for my Arboriculture class
I had to go. Gerald was not interested so I asked Mo.
She enthusiastically agreed to go.

So I rented some snow shoes
and we were off last Friday to see
the
LARGEST
White Fir tree.
"the largest known tree is 43 m tall and 184 cm dbh with a crown spread 15 m;
it grows in Uinta National Forest, UT"

Here is the whole group. We were led by
Max
(arborist and my boss last summer)
Maureen and I only minutes from the great tree
in a field with the clearest sky
we were also at least a 7,000 ft elevation
so the stars looked amazing
Tree Hugging

It was exhausting and worth it. plus I got;
*10 bonus points for arboriculture
*to see the largest White fir!
*hang out with friends
*go snow shoeing


No comments: