Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Exciting week coming up!

I really feel like I can handle this whole being pregnant and having a baby my last semester. I have 5 classes totaling 14 hours 3 are evening classes and 2 meet at 8 AM (not a fan). The first week has been hard mostly because Gerald is student teaching at a high school and I have classes and Aurora and ONE car (that is a standard . . . and I haven't learned to drive one yet and don't plan on it . . . yet). So my father-in-law calls us last week and lets us know he got us an early graduation present . . . A CAR. I am so excited he is driving it up and we will have it next week! 

Freedom is what this '99 Ford taurus means to me.

today I mooched a ride from my dear friend Jenna. Aurora has been riding with a seat belt in the back seat of a few cars lately so we aren't trapped on campus until Gerald is done with teaching. Has not been a fun experience she handles it, but not the safest.

I am happy that my moochiness is going to subside. I hate putting people out asking for rides. I did it all through high school . . . freshman year at BYU . . . and a good part of the past 3 months. So a big thank you to all that helped me but hopefully I am done for a long time.

In other news . . .

Last week made the decision to fly home with Aurora to see my parents and sisters and brothers and nieces and nephews (well as many as I can see). It has been over a year since seeing any of them and Aurora hasn't seen my sister Laura and her daughters in over 3 years. I am so excited it is the perfect weekend to do this before I can't fly anymore. And I wanted to be sure to see my mama just in case they can't make it out for our graduation in April.
 11 weeks to go. I really hope I make it just a few days past the due date (March 28) so I limit how much class I have to  miss. I wouldn't be so focused on this if it weren't for certain BYU professors who make attendance part of the grading process and while most would make an exception for giving birth some do not. So Thursday March 31st is the ideal due date about 3 am would suit me just fine. I would even accept the 30th after my bookbinding class lets out.

I love these two . . . her face cracks me up.


3 comments:

Angela S said...

Wow what an awesome surprise!!!!!!!!!! A '99 taurus is fantastic and I hope it works well for you guys. Our cars are 98 and 00 and pretty much we've always bought 10 year old cars. Thanks for posting pictures!

Raspberry said...

A book binding class - that sounds so fun!
I must confess I can't believe you flew home - traveling 20 miles right now is a lot for me! And I can't believe how big Aurora is getting - such a little girl now.
I'd love to hear some name ideas.
Oh, and I'm so glad you get a car. :)

Holly F. said...

This is such good news! I having been praying for you guys, since I can't think of any more ways that your lives could get more complicated. But you guys are handling it like pros!

And, again, I wish I could be as cute a pregnant lady as you are!