Monday, August 08, 2011

Moving and Number 23

We left at 2:30 in the afternoon on Friday. I was just ready to go. I was so stressed out. The drive took three days. The first day I almost hit a deer and drove past the hotel we wanted to stay for the night in Cortez News Mexico. Aurora talked the entire time. The next day we made it to Amarillo after having a tire shred on the Uhaul but thankfully someone else needed a Uhaul roadside service so it only set us back an hour and we were only 2 miles from a gas station. Later that night we crashed at Reed and Angela's they are saints and we could talk to them for ever. Then we left to finish our drive on Sunday oh man long day Nolan was pretty fed up with riding in a car and we were tired and didn't smell that great. We got to my parents house at midnight and it took some time to calm Aurora down and get her to bed. We filled our storage unit today and tomorrow we drop the truck off in Houston. Then we can take the time to get all of our other stuff out of the way.

It is great to be back it is so hot but I love this place.

So thankful for the people who helped us load, unload, and clean (sister workman)


Oh the Thursday before we left I had a junk yard come and take our broken down cars for us and we got some decent cash for them and used that money to help get us home. AND I get to cross the car off of my list!


Oh and I am so happy for my friend Cami and her husband who were able to adopt a brand new little baby boy! Congratulations to them.

3 comments:

Rachel said...

I am so glad you made it safely!

Sam and Kat said...

I love that you have your goals posted. such a great idea! and congrats on crossing off another one. :) oh and glad you made it down here safely! i bet it feels good to be back home. :)

Raspberry said...

Glad you all made it ok! :)