When we first moved to Texas my dad said we could live there for four months at the most so four months came and went and now we are living in an apartment just off of El Dorado right across from my old neighborhood on Eastcape.
Gerald's brother, dad, mom and step dad did just about all the lifting and moving of our stuff. my dad helped when he was off and he let us use his truck which was a big help and the move didn't take long to do. helps when your stuff is already packed in storage.
I was embarrassingly emotional the whole first weekend I cried as we drove away to spend our fist night in the place, I cried at church when they said good bye to me in primary, again at church when sister Holt said sorry for making me cry, and just about every time I was in the car and then I was okay once I started to unpack and decorate for Christmas. I was so overwhelmed and worried about being able to pay for everything and I really don't want to leave my kids to work some crappy job . . . at least I'm done crying.
We like the place enough we are pretty comfortable in it after a battle with weevils (that either traveled in our stuff all the way from Utah or in Texas they found traces of flour in my kitchen stuff we had in storage).
I'm getting use to cooking again and now that Christmas is over I am back to unpacking and organizing.
7 years ago



No comments:
Post a Comment