Thursday, January 01, 2009

Christmas 2008

Christmas morning Aurora noticing the presents she was so cute that morning and so sweet she woke up and ate then we tried very hard to get daddy up but he just kept sleeping. I was set on starting without him but then my parents called to tell us Merry Christmas and to talk to us on a webcam my mom got one for Christmas and my dad thought we had one(even though I clearly said we were going to get one and that we did NOT have one yet the last time I spoke to him I ordered one on line the day after Christmas and we should get it tomorrow) and once I got off the phone we were all ready to get started. 


Aurora didn't know what to do so we started to help her open her gifts. Gerald wanted to do stockings before he opened any of his gifts so we did that and that was so much fun. Stockings are my favorite part of Christmas morning. We had a Christmas Elmo dvd in Aurora's stocking along with yogurt melts, Jacob's ladder, a harmonica, and a frog magnifying glass she had a good time with those. Well Aurora was being so cute playing with each gift for a while we kinda started rushing to open her gifts and then we slowed it down. She was playing with them right away there was no need to rush we didn't finish opening her gifts until after lunch and her nap. 


Daddy helping Aurora open her gifts she is very excited.


Aurora talking on her phone from her grandma Dawn


Aurora Playing with her guitar from my mom and dad. Aurora got some great gifts 3 baby dolls, play food (she makes eating noises and pretends to eat them!) plastic play kitchen utensils and bowls. A little peoples minivan that she loves to push around. A Christmas book, And the cutest clothes thank you Mom, Dawn, and Ali! The three of you keep Aurora clothed.


Gerald opening a gift.


A new shirt! We also got him Sword and the Stone, Iron man, Batman The Dark Knight, a How To Draw Comics book. 20 Q's sports edition, Arby's gift card, a G.I. Joe. And we got Rock Band 2 as a family gift and it is wonderful. Our parents gave monetary gifts to us which is always appreciated and extremely helpful at the beginning of a new semester. Gerald was so cute and happy with his gifts and the entire day. He said he had one of the best Christmas's ever. 


Gerald filled my stocking with Tales of Beedle the Bard, the movie Hancock, Phase 10, and candy!


My Sewing machine that I bought myself on Black Friday. I set it up just yesterday and i am so excited to use it. My first project will be to make Aurora a little dress.


My cute shoes Randy bought me during his visit. I love them I wear them all the time! I also received an adorable hat from Rachael, a sewing box from Ali, my sister Rainey sent us a gift card and some great stuff from bath and body works 


......................................................
After we opened presents and ate breakfast we got ready and headed over to Bryce and Ali's to have a Christmas lunch with their family.


Gerald looking like Jug Head from Archie comics after opening our Christmas Crackers that Kathi brought for everyone. Gerald's had a soccer yo-yo and mine had a shoe horn and they all came with colorful paper hats they were so much fun  I am all about that tradition.


Ali at the Christmas lunch. We had honey baked ham and turkey and the best sides ever.


Kathi and Aurora's cute little face in the background.

..................................................................
We agreed that while we missed our families this Christmas season it was our best one together (our Fourth!). It was the first time we didn't have to run to 2 or 3 places. And last year we didn't buy gifts for Aurora so we had so much fun with her being able to open and play with her gifts this year. It was just a really relaxed Christmas full of love and good food. I made Gerald's favorite Christmas breakfast in the morning our perfect lunch with friends and steaks for dinner and after playing rock band for a few HOURS we had hot cocoa. Sadly we had to work the next day and all weekend before we could spend time with each other again. We were extremely blessed this entire year and are very grateful for everything especially our loving family and friends. We look forward to this new year!

5 comments:

d e e said...

What was the perfect Christmas breakfast? I like details woman. AND where is the picture of Aurora with the doll I SENT? HMmmmm????

Lisa just started the Christmas crackers tradition...I looked for them but couldn't find them ;(

Angela S said...

We had a great time visting family in Houston this year but the back and forth between the two families is draining, even if neither keeps track of how much time you spend where. The christmases we've had at home are by far my favorite. We just get to relax and hang out and savor things more. Glad you guys had a good time!

the browns said...

Looks like a great Christmas! We stayed in utah as well. Your little girl is getting SO big and she is just darling.

Raspberry said...

Hey, Kileen, it's Jenny. Your little girl is very cute, and it sounds like you had a fun Christmas. I hope you guys are doing well. You look great!
:)

Kathi said...

It was a wonderful Christmas day!!! Good memories made. It was so good to see you. Just wish we could have spent a little more time with you. ;)