7 years ago
Friday, February 04, 2011
not for me
So I am currently watching Bringing Home Baby (at this very moment). I'm not really a fan of the show but it beats the crap that is on Disney channel right now. This is my personal opinion and I don't intend to offend anyone and don't want anyone to feel defensive . . . but I cannot imagine bringing home a baby to a home filled with animals (mostly dogs–I'm not a dog person). So on the show the baby(2 days old?) is napping and the dog jumps up and starts licking the baby. The baby obviously wakes up and blankets are strewn about and the parents think it is the greatest thing that the dog is "protecting" the baby–that's not what it looked like to me. I just think its gross . . . the licking, the smell, the hair, and dander. I understand people love their dogs and feel like they are family but I am a fan of getting pets after the kids are a little older. I grew up with pets and want that for my kids but I don't want that now.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



1 comment:
Um, I totally agree with you on that one. The dog licking the baby and waking it up is gross. That dog was not protecting the baby - it was owning the baby. If my dog ever did something like that, I'd bust open a can on her.
Post a Comment