Friday, October 14, 2011

feeling crafty

after moving I was in a funk and didn't feel like making much. but things are settled and I have a better handle on Miss Aurora. so here we go. 

I got a lot of ideas from pinterest and then found the original web source. I think pinterest is a good way to get started but I am finding it is more enjoyable to put more of your own style into each thing that you make.

The wreath below cost me less than $3 with everything on sale and finding the Styrofoam in the packaging of something my parents had.

 This play mat idea I found online servingpinklemonade.blogspot.com but I adapted some of the things for my area and taste.  This is a gift for my Nephew and I am going to make one for Aurora but I will not use the templates I will make everything my own style. I struggle with pulling away from things after I have seen them one way.
 I sewed the vinyl envelope and bought some little cars Aurora is excited to give it to her cousin and already told him about it. but she calls it a pack n play and I tried to explain it is a play mat and that a pack n play is what Nolan sleeps in.



The other day I watched my brother's daughter and I got some stuff together to make these mummy candy holders from parents.com. Between my mom and I we had everything on hand.



Then my mom found all these clay pots she had and we got painting right away.


I blogged about making this ispy jar a while back but I didn't finish it until the other day I need to get the photograph with the items printed and then it will be ready for Aurora to use (hopefully quietly).


It's good to be feeling crafty again. I have a lot of project to finish. I finished gathering the items needed for Aurora's smurfette costume and working on Nolan gnome costume this weekend I am so excited!

2 comments:

d e e said...

Love all the crafty crafts. Liam is going to have a lot of fun with his gift! So thoughtful and creative!

Angela S said...

Way to go!