Friday, February 24, 2012

Number 13

Okay when i look at this list of things to do I think oh that was a silly one but coming up with realistic things you want to do that are different from your everyday things you need to do is hard.

I was watching a lot of Food Network's Diners, Drive-ins and Dives or triple D. I wanted so badly to have a place to go..."where everybody knows your name" (not really) and I didn't want it to be jack-in-the-box. not a chain of any restaurant. We used to go to this Mexican restaurant in Provo, Joe Vera's, we really liked it but I wanted something else something different. We are in Texas now so I've been looking and thinking and eating. I thought about Central Texas BBQ I LOVE this place and craved it while I was pregnant with Aurora but I couldn't do that all the time.

Then yesterday my sister and I went to some of the little shops in League City–main street I think. We looked in a few shops then the babies were hungry. We had lunch at a little tea room, the Holly Berry Tea Room, which is so up my alley. Couple of things old men meeting up at the tea room they were beyond cute. And the chalk board with the specials and soups of the day one of the soups said Canadian cheese what is Canadian cheese? We looked at them menu and I love sandwiches so we thought it would be a great fit.

They seated us and our little baby boys in the back and we got started with some lemonade. I wanted to try as much as we could so Diana got the lavender and I got the strawberry lemonade and tried each others. She got the spicy bean and ham soup and I got the Canadian cheddar and loved both of them. ordered a finger sandwich sampler and it was awesome came with a tuna salad, and egg salad and cucumber sandwiches, veggie chips that Nolan devoured, lemon pound cake and raspberry sherbet with cream on top.  It was great I could eat there everyday. I really love soup and sandwiches and next time I am going to order the Lavender lemonade and the California BLT. here are some pictures I took with my phone. Nolan was quite a little gentlemen as was sleepy baby Drake. 






I really want to take Aurora here for a mother/daughter lunch. I want the finer things club to meet here often.

also checked out two more shops after lunch I am going to cross off my something I can't afford and while I wouldn't buy something I couldn't actually pay for it is not something I need it was just an excuse to get myself something. I'll edit and add a picture later but it's a little ring that Gerald said makes me look fancy.

2 comments:

Angela S said...

Way to go!

d e e said...

So why isn't number 3 crossed off? :) I had so much fun :)